Thursday, May 15, 2014

Beyond Best Friends

Beyond best friends
closer than family
your friendship means the world to me

your trust in me
your honesty
your insistence, persistence and loving reassurance
towards my welfare and my aspirations never cease to amaze me

Watching you grow
beyond your own expectations 
no longer surprises me 
as much as it might, at times, 
be surprising to you

For me, you are the promise and the realization
of a beautiful flower blooming in the garden of your life 

Your abandonment of fear and rejection
your appreciation for newness and discovery
your willingness to give and to receive
warms my heart and inspires me

When I think of the future
I laugh, I smile, I’m happy

I see us walking around the lake together
Celebrating graduations
Talking of co-creations
Gathering and enjoying our families and friends

I see us caring and helping one another
in any way we can
Growing deeper, closer and older
in this microcosm of cosmic wisdom
of everyday life and extraordinary possibilities

No comments:

Post a Comment