Thursday, May 15, 2014

Eyes Wide Open

She opens her eyes wide and seems surprised
to find herself still in her bed and at home
surrounded by her family in familiar surroundings
she wonders why God is not hearing her prayer

How could HE not know by now 
that she's been ready for months
Preparing herself and her family for her transition
talking everyone into celebration  
asking us to sing that song, "Don't worry be happy."

She made it to her 95th birthday
she's outlived her parents and her siblings
she's missed her beloved husband for over 20 years
and no one really knows how’s she’s managed 
to handle the pain of the death of her first born son

In her own words, "she's lived too long"
she's been ready for a long time to go home
to join others there she’s loved and missed 
she’s been eager to enter into eternal rest and peace

continuously thanking and blessing those present
she reminds us to be in the now and willing to forgive
to love and strengthen family ties
remembering the importance of togetherness 
and to help one another whenever possible

EYES WIDE OPEN, your mantra lives on in us:
“Forget the past and build a stronger today for yourself 
Know a better tomorrow is on the way for you and for your family 
It’s ok to remember me, but right now, let me go of me and set me free  
Feel joy for me as I journey home reconnecting with those I love 
Know I will watch, pray, bless and love you forever from above.”

No comments:

Post a Comment