Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What’s That Your Signaling

Thinking about you
sending you love
remembering your strength,
your beauty, your creativity
wanting to remind you of your gifts
and the many times you offered them unconditionally

Think perhaps you don’t want to be bothered
acknowledging these things right now
preoccupied with dying
you’re unwilling to accept love or appreciation
signaling me with your eyes and hands
“sit, be silent, forget these things
forgive me, forget me, let me go” 
all very difficult things for me to do
I, who have been so loved and blessed by you

I wish I could relieve your pain
the physical, the emotional, the spiritual
I wish I could set your spirit free
help you ease into the comfort you seek
even as much as I would rather have you stay
I would help you leave, help you to go in peace

Such a dear heart, such a caring loving heart
open to family and strangers alike
you’ve always been there at everyone’s side
easing their pain and offering them love
wish now you could accept as much
and receive from me and all of us present
our gratitude, our love and our appreciation of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment